Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review: Paranormalcy


Paranormalcy by Kiersten White
Published August 31st 2010

My Summary:

Hi..meet Evie. She's sixteen, blond, loves pink and works with IPCA (that's the International Paranormal Containment Agency). So what so unusual about that you say? Well..her best friend is a mermaid, her ex-boyfriend is a fairy and she can see through all paranormal glamours which make it kind of tricky for a vampire to bite her..hoho.


So Evie never knew who her parents are and she grew up in IPCA and faithfully do whatever it is that they told her to do which includes tagging and bagging other not so nice paranormal; for e.g: werewolves and vampires. One day a strange creature broke into the IPCA headquarters and Evie being the wonderful employee that she is caught the creature/guy/being/paranormal (one could get so confused with all these fantasy things). This guy is Lend and he's sort of a shapeshifter. So eventually they fell in love but some things are killing paranormals out there left and right so of course our protagonist will eventually be involved in that.

Thoughts:

I absolutely love this book. Yes..it is told from the very tiring first person POV but the character is funny, normal, and not so mopey unlike the other heroines of the popular YA fantasy out there (Bella anyone?). The story is very action paced (thank god) and for once the hero is very nice. There's a big twist in the end concerning Evie's so called history. It's my favourite YA urban fantasy series so far.
Verdict: 5 stars !

10 comments:

  1. I need to get this book...but, it's nowhere to be seen in bookstores here...dang!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can read mine when come here. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're right about Evie & Lend... they are both more upbeat, optimistic characters than most of the characters in YA paranormal, and this made them refreshing :) Fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Dani. I love Lend. He's a mummy's boy so I think that's why he's so nice to Evie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kiersten White is a hoot on Twitter, so I really want read her books. I like how short and sweet your reviews are . . . just the facts ! I love it !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I especially like it that she says 'bleep' all the time, hahah

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review! I just love this book haha!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Have not read this yet, but am now dying to read it. Thanks so much for this review.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is one of my favourites! High-five! :-D I love Evie. And Lend! I am going to get Supernaturally soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had read this one and seriously it was awesome. I just loved it. Great review!

    Fara @ Tumbling In Books

    ReplyDelete