Sunday, December 18, 2011

Sunday Star # 6


So..you have probably heard about it or not. Yes.. Daughter of Smoke and Bone has been optioned to be made into a movie! I'm super excited and it coincides nicely win Karou's win in her first Heroine Tourney match. Yay!

There are speculations abound on who would play Karou. Seriously whom ever they picked to be her, better not sucked. I'm sure all the die-hard fans of Karou (including me) are expecting an actress who can be a strong heroine (very kick-ass) and at the same time is able to pull off that rare vulnerability that Karou has in her previous life. 

Let's see some of the actresses that MTV picked to be Karou.


Ava Santanna

I have no idea who she is but she has the look. But being born in 1983, probably the producers will be thinking that she's too old to play Karou.


Kaya Scodelario

Okay she has Karou's mysterious look too. And she's the right age but Kaya is rumoured to be in talks to play Luce in the movie based on Lauren Kate's bestselling series; Fallen.

Emily Browning

I love Emily ever since I saw her way back as Violet in Lemony Snicket. She has that strong willed quality and at the same time an innocence that is just mesmerising to watch. 


These little known actresses are my picks.

Seychelle Gabriels


I love her potrayal of the young Sand Sarif in The Spirit. And she reminds me of a young Jessica Alba.

Lily Cole


Okay she's blonde but hey Karou has blue hair. She has a unique look besides she's great in The Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus.

Dakota Blue Richards


Do you remember this little girl? She was in The Golden Compass with Nicole Kidman. My how she has grown! And she looks so different from the movie. 

So who do you think should be Karou? A newcomer or a popular teen star? Selena Gomez perhaps? 

2 comments:

  1. I am really really curious to know how they are going to do this movie! I am reading the book right now and it's hard for me to picture who they will cast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know..hopefully someone really good. :)

    ReplyDelete