Thursday, March 8, 2012

Review: Intangible



Intangible
by J. Meyers
ebook, 340 pages
Published January 31st 2012
Review copy from author

Summary from Goodreads:
Twins Sera and Luke Raine have a well-kept secret—she heals with a touch of her hand, he sees the future. All their lives they’ve helped those in need on the sly. They’ve always thought of their abilities as being a gift.

Then Luke has a vision that Sera is killed. That gift they’ve always cherished begins to feel an awful lot like a curse. Because the thing about Luke’s ability? He’s always right. And he can’t do anything about it. 

Thoughts:

How do you combine vampires, fairies, gifted teens (mutants?) in a book? This is the answer. I mean it has so many things going on in it that it's hard to put down. And seriously the short blurb did no justice in explaining the elements of this book. Sera and Luke are the Gifted and there's a prophecy about them being the ones that will change the Realm in which the paranormals reside. As they slowly try to uncover the truth behind their bizarre and mysterious gifts, they will also come to the realization that they are in the midst of a power struggle between the vampires and fairies. It seems that both sides wanted to the twins for very different reasons.

Likes
Honestly I never would have guessed that this is a self-published work because it is indeed way better than some YA reads that I have subjected to myself lately. Although it is slow in the beginning, I really love the built up and the relationship between Sera and Luke. They're so protective of each other and I love their interactions.

And there's so many interesting characters. Like the beautiful faerie warrior; Fey for instance. She was friends with the twins and has been secretly guarding them for a long time so I was really hoping that she end up with Luke or something.

Dislikes
The story focussed so much on Sera's relationship with Marcus and Jonas. Is this some kind of love triangle? I love Jonas. He's the typical hunky vampire with a conscience. Marcus? Not so much. He's totally nice and lovey dovey at one time but the next minute he called Sera a freak and blew her off. As one of the Gifted he should be more understanding towards Sera's conditions.

I really can't wait to read the next book and find out more about the other Gifteds that made an appearance towards the end. Some of them have these amazing powers like seeing ghosts. More please!

Recommended for: fans vampires & paranormal romance
Verdict: 4 stars.

In my Self Published Reading Challenge 
Available on: Amazon

4 comments:

  1. INTANGIBLE does look like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's also a really good cover for a self pub. I love the blue-purple look. Sounds interesting! How did you find out about it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book looks great! Thanks so much for the review. I haven't heard of the book yet, I'm adding it to my wish list as we speak. I think I might be annoyed with Marcus though. I don't really like bipolar characters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The writer has kindly give me a copy for review. I am always surprised at how much Indie books are sometimes better than their overhyped counterparts. :)

    ReplyDelete